236 event organisers and stakeholders participated in the live webinar: Technology for Events!
During a live online seminar with Erik Peekel of Aaaaha! the Actor Factory & Sjoerd Weikamp of EventBranche.nl, examples were given of event apps & tips that add interaction to gatherings.
The following topics were discussed:
- How can you use a webinar to attract more participants?
- How can you create appetite-whetting online TV from your event?
- Which technologies make it easier to set up interaction?
Golden rule = Ask yourself the question: “What is the added value of using event technology? What is your goal in wanting to use technology?”
The live poll produced the following figures:
What is your goal in wanting to use technology?
A. Visitor recruitment
B. For fun
E. Keeping participants involved
F. Because it’s possible
Some practical tips and apps to boost the pre-and post-post event activities in order to establish a broader base for your event:
- How do you launch your event among new contacts? Offer a low-threshold free teaser, an introduction in the form of a webinar with one of the speakers from your event (tool tip: OnlineSeminar.nl)
- How do you facilitate you conversations among the participants? And how can you ensure that people exchange data in real time? (tool tip: The Netwerkapp)
- How do you arrange public participation during presentations? Authentic feedback can be captured in no time via attendees’ mobile phones or tablets (tool tip: SendSteps, Lumi’s Join)
- How do you ensure that participants stick around during the networking drinks and establish new quality contacts? (tool tip: Thisisconnect.nl)
- How can you encourage interaction and shared experiences between participants visually? (tool tip: Embraceled)
- How do you keep the online viewer involved in hybrid events? Don’t broadcast your event indiscriminately, but set up interaction between physically present and virtual participants, digitise the programme, organise the online process separately, etc.
- How can you use the post-event period to increase the ROI of your event? Ensure that its impact is felt properly by working with a range of multimedia: video reports, white papers, polls, social media, etc.
- Other non-digital means of establishing interaction: “theCatchBox”!